Areas in our classroom:
- Our loft area can serve as a literacy/quiet reading area, games area, or anything we want it to be.
- Under the loft, we have our house keeping area. It has a "homey" feeling with a table, chairs, kitchen applicances, baby dolls. Our students get to create meals for their friends! We can use the area for many different uses.
- Literacy/Math area contains puzzles, assorted learning games, ABC activities, counting games, number matching, sorting activities, patterning and more.
- Science area includes color activities, magnets, magnifying glasses, nature items, and hands-on materials.
- Tables allows us to use them for art projects, play doh, drawing, cutting, and painting during Free Choice time. These tables allow the teachers to work one-on-one with specific groups of students/individuals.
- Jesus Time and Group Time area where we can hear Bible Stories, sing songs, dance, read books, discuss our Themes, and participate in fun learning games.
- Sensory Tables allow the to enjoy the feel of many different textures, imagine and create, and just have fun.
- Block Area includes an assortment of different blocks, wooden, plastic, cardboard, as well as building manipulatives, people, animals, cars ands trucks, ramps, a castle, a farm, and two vehicle mats. The children can be as creative as the want!
- Writing Area allows the children to practice writing their names, their friends names, letters/numbers, draw, scribble, and make their own books. It is only limited by their imagination.